Local Search Engine Optimization is a branch of SEO that focuses on optimizing websites found in local search results. Local customers rely on the Internet to find information about the product or service they need, so it’s time to think seriously and gain visibility on search results pages.
A local search includes all search terms, such as:
- Lawyers near me
- Nearest distributor
- Website designers near me
- Restaurants in (City Name)
- Painter of (city name)
Local SEO is a strategic process that focuses on emphasizing the optimization efforts of local brick-and-mortar businesses, i.e. businesses that have physical stores as the sole protagonists of their commercial offers.
Why is local search important?
- Here are some stats that show how important local search is to your business.
- 50% of people who did a local search on their mobile phone visited a brick-and-mortar store within one day.
- 34% of people who searched on a PC or tablet said the same thing.
- 18% of local mobile searches result in a sale within one day.
- 60% of adults search for local service or product information on their smartphones and tablets.
- 78% of smartphone local searches end up with offline purchases.
- 71% of people search for a business location to confirm its presence before their first visit.
- 1 out of 3 smartphone searches were made right before reaching the store.
- In 2017, 97% of consumers searched for local businesses online and 12% searched for local businesses online every day.
- The driver for online shopping is convenience (practicality, comfort, time saving…) and offers rather than price.
- 1 in 10 out of 4 customers define themselves as a ROPO. They get information online and buy in physical stores.
Local SEO Checklist
STEP 1 : Local SEO General Strategy
1. What is your website?
2. What keyword do you want to rank #1 ?
3. What is the most profitable service (s) / keyword?
4. Make a list highest to lowest.
5. What service has the most search volume
6. Make a list of keywords with search volume
7. What other services do you provide ( how many )
8. Make a list of secondary services
9. How many service areas do you want to rank?
10. Make a list of service areas
11. Make a determination of the most searched / profitable service areas.
12. Determine Pricing based on word counts $2 per 100 words
13. To figure out word count, look at the top 3 rankers average.
14. For each primary service, you need (highly recommend) 2 info/supporting pieces of content at the same word count or half.
15. Information content is built into a silo to support the service pages. (example)
* Content Price is determined based on how many locations plus how many services they have.
* 2 pieces of Content for each service page, so every service page no matter what is actually going to be 3 pages of content total
Step 2 : Local SEO off-page
1. Age of the website : how old is your website
2. Check for competitor’s webpage / site age
3. Site age / page age semi determines how long it will take to realize their SEO goals.
4. If the site is new, you need to ask or check did you build citations
5. Did you ever build out press releases
6. Have you done data aggregation submission?
7. Do you have any branded presence online? Like WordPress, Google site, Facebook, YouTube Channel, Twitter, Tumbler Medium, etc.
8. Social media accounts ?
9. Do you have a Google Business Profile
10. Has your Google Business Profile been optimized?
11. Have you built backlinks
12. What type of backlinks?
13. Have you worked with an SEO before
14. What did you like?
15. What did you not like?
Now let’s look at what it will take to rank.
1. Current SEO vs Their SEO on page
2. Look at the primary service page based on the keyword and look at that keyword inside of page optimizer pro. This will determine if the client needs new content or optimization of their current content. For a quick look, you can look at word count using SEO quakes and look at density of the primary keyword of the page. This is a clear indicator usually.
3. If a page needs optimization, its $2 per 100 words for POP report with recommendations or $4 per 100 to actually log in if WordPress
4- Off-Page SEO backlinks per keyword, what it will take to rank.
First we want to search for a keyword and look at the #1, #2 ranking websites and do a SEMrush backlink analysis of the root domain with search modifiers by authority active
and 30-100, the referring domain count, will tell us how many links we need to build to the individual page.
HQ links – $40-$100 depending on DR score.
Mid-Quality links : $20 per link
If you want Local SEO services, you can contact us to help you.